Big Island manta dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. This was answered in June, but the thread was a victim of the server mess. Some nice people provided recommendations for who to book the manta dive with. I am going to be there Nov 9-14, probably would do this dive on the 10th. My wife is a non-diver, but would enjoy snorkeling. I would like to do an afternoon boat dive (is that a good idea) with the manta dive afterwards. Thanks for any recommendations you have (again).

Mike

I've gone with Kona Honu several times over the last few years and really liked them. It is the biggest boat and therefore the most comfortable, especially when putting your gear away at the end of the dive. Being a big boat will be good for your wife if she is not a diver.

Go with Big Isle divers and do the black water dive after the manta dive. Also BID will burn the gas to get you to an alternate site if thr mantas have been noshowing at teh airport. No one else does this.

ItsBruce:
I've gone with Kona Honu several times over the last few years and really liked them. It is the biggest boat and therefore the most comfortable, especially when putting your gear away at the end of the dive. Being a big boat will be good for your wife if she is not a diver.

I too dove with Honu...and my wife is a non-diver...she did snorkle and the crew was great with her....lots of room.

I second BID (Big Island Divers). Did the 2 dives Manta & Black water and we didn't need to lift a finger. Great staff very professional yet fun as well, and they even offer to rinse and dry your gear for you.

Here is a link to my videos from those dives.
Mahalo & Enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom