Big Island Divers booked - 22 days to go!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barrod

Contributor
Reaction score
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
# of dives
25 - 49
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif][FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Aloha Barrod,

We have your reservations in the book:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Wednesday May 15th - Two Tank Morning Charter[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Thursday May 16th - Two Tank Morning Charter[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Friday May 17th - Twilight / Manta Ray Night Charter[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Sunday May 19th - Two Tank Morning Charter
Monday May 20th - Manta Ray Night Charter + Black Water (Black Water Dive is conditional on Divemaster approval)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Anyone else on the Big Island doing some boat dives on these dates? I'm with Big Island Divers.

How did you like big island divers as an operator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Barrod,
Let us know how you liked your dives with Big Island Divers when you get back.

Thanks,
cruzbound

Yes give us a trip report please, that's who I'm planning on going with in Aug for a two tank morning and manta dive

Okay - let me start with the VERY LITTLE bad and just get it out of the way so I don't have to worry about ever mentioning it again. Big Island Diver is big. They have 3 boats and more DM's/Instructors/Store help/People answering emails than you'd probably expect.

The DM's and captains on the boat do a great job of expressing appreciation at the small fortune your spending but it's less noticeable when you deal with the folks in the shop unless it's someone you've been on a boat with. I ended up adding a long range 'Red Hill' AWESOME dive with Corrine because she's so awesome and it wasn't cheap - and when I came in to the dive shop I asked for a sticker for my car and the girl in the shop said - "they're here in the case" and then just walked away.... Maybe hand me one - whatever - small but I'm done with the bad now.

Kevin - awesome guy great DM - was very patient and encouraging when after the first dive I increased my bottom time to almost an hour and nailed my buoyancy. He brought his girlfriends son on the boat and actually called me his buddy and made me feel like family. I liked that a lot. He's the kind of instructor that will teach you how much air you have and make you feel comfortable with your psi and keep you safe.

Corrine - words can't describe! She is the coolest and friendliest person I met at BID. She has a great pace on her dives and has this magical way knowing just what her divers need in terms of skills and be completely at ease with providing exactly what they need to make them feel comfortable. She was very encouraging and let me know that I looked completely at ease. She cleared me for the Black Water and I'm like YEAAAHH!!! She's really good at finding the critters too!

Shawna - awesome captain - she reminds me of Zoe Bell ----- Zoe Bell - IMDb

April - Totally awesome tattoos - awesome captain for the long range 'Red Hill' dives. Very fun person - makes me want to move to the big island if everyone is as cool as her.

Flipper - Crazy MOFO. Only dove with him when I was scared ****less on the black water and to his credit he totally made it even scarier. Which I think makes the dive even better when you fins keep hitting your tether and you keep thinking it's a MEGALODON!!!!

The boats were awesome - they've got these turkey / beef or Veggie wraps that are delicious - even after 14 tanks of diving with them. Great selection of soft drinks and the biggest and most comfortable Lua on the big island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom