Big Blue CF-250 Focusable LED: Anyone used it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the pics. When you say the other light rated at 180 is brighter...is it brighter when the Big Blue light is set for the same beam angle?

Thanks.

Yes, thanks for the pics! Looks like plenty of room to replace or drill out the battery holder for 2xCR123 cells. :cool2:

What do you think about the focusing mechanism, and watertightness?

J

It seems very well put together. It has a screw in it to keep you from turning the focus to far. guess that keeps you from flooding it...however the screw is removable so you can clean it. As far as the other light being rated at 180 lumens its a Gladius. And I might have said it wrong but the big blue light is quite a bit brighter than it is. I have no idea what the beam angle is on the Gladius.

It seems very well put together. It has a screw in it to keep you from turning the focus to far. guess that keeps you from flooding it...however the screw is removable so you can clean it. As far as the other light being rated at 180 lumens its a Gladius. And I might have said it wrong but the big blue light is quite a bit brighter than it is. I have no idea what the beam angle is on the Gladius.

That's reassuring.

Guys if any of you are interested in this light im going to go ahead and sell it....contact me at rkboyer911@sbcglobal.net I've still got the box paperwork and all. Ill let it go for $95.00 shipped in lower US. Thought Id give you all 1st shot then Ill go to the classifides fourm.

Just found this thread. I also own one of these. I am not a qualified light guru, but if people have specific questions, I can try to answer them.

It seems very solidly built. It was fairly bright for recent dives in Cozumel in admittedly well-lit conditions.

Jaeger,

When you say well-lit conditions what do you mean? Were you using it during the day? Did you use it on any night dives? Were you using the narrow beam or the wide beam? Did you use the glove and was it solid? I would hate to get one of these and loose it into the deep blue. What kind of burn times were you getting? Is the light bright enough and have a wide enough beam to use as a primary light on a night dive for 1-1.5 hours.

Would you recommend the light?

rboyer...Did you sell your light?

I had a chance to see the light in person at our shop. It seams like a well made light. Although I didn't dive it, I did have a chance to do a side by side comparison to the Intova. I felt that it was a bright light but the Intova was brighter and at a better price point. The focusable aspect is pretty cool but my vote is still with the Intova (Performance/Price).

I'm curious what the focus is like UNDER water. That spherical lens in the water could change it quite a bit.

I'm curious what the focus is like UNDER water. That spherical lens in the water could change it quite a bit.

I'm curious as to how it performs underwater as well. It's an aspherical lens though I'm guessing (half a sphere).

Back
Top Bottom