Big Blue 250 & 600 lumen adjustable beam review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdorr68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just tried out both of these dive lights today and wanted to share how it went.
I have owned the Big Blue 250 lumen adjustables in the past and was very happy with the new one I got.
The beam adjusts from around 6-8 degrees to 31 degrees. It's very compact, and is very bright. It can be purchased with a 'glove' to house it on your wrist. But, it is impossible to adjust the beam without removing it which is a major pain. If anyone is looking to get a mid price range light, it is a good choice, IMHO. The color is a nice white, but not video quality.
This is my first ever 600 lumen light, and for the price I was not very impressed with it at first. It has 4 smaller LED's, instead of 1 like the 250. In the air inside my house it didn't seem much stronger then the 250. Shining it into the trees outside though, it was much brighter. Side by side today in the water it is great. It is also compact, just a bit longer and a bigger head then the 250 lumen model. The beam adjusts from 6-28 degrees. The color is supposed to be 6500, but looks closer to 7500 to me. Definitely not the first choice for video, but it will light up the reef like crazy.
Their construction is top of the line, double o-rings, tough aluminum and thick glass. My old 250 lumens never let me down or came close to flooding. The new models use only 3 AAA or 3AA batteries as opposed to the older models which used 4 each, although I don't know why or the difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom