Beware Suunto computers D9 and Vytec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife Dives a Vytek and its flawless.

I bought 2 Atoms now and both have been lemons. I really dont think its a brand issue as much as it is just a luck of the draw type thing.

So, Sunnto warranty is nothing better than LP..... LOL~~~~

Hey guys,

Get to the point.

OP's subject is how Sunnto handles the warranty issue.

It isn't about whether or not yours is working ok?

it may be the sensor manufacturer..... parts is parts... and they all get them at the cheapest place... china.

I've had my vytec ds for over a year now and i have had absolutly no problems. thats probably because i've only dove it twice now.:shakehead

Hoosier:
So, Sunnto warranty is nothing better than LP..... LOL~~~~

Hey guys,

Get to the point.

OP's subject is how Sunnto handles the warranty issue.

It isn't about whether or not yours is working ok?

Respectfully disagree. The OPs original point and subsequent posts was primarily to "beware Suunto computers" and his opinion/experience that they have significant problems. Others are offering their balanced experience that points out that not every Suunto produced has the same problem. And my Vytec works fine too.
icosm14.gif

jeffrey-c:
Respectfully disagree. The OPs original point and subsequent posts was primarily to "beware Suunto computers" and his opinion/experience that they have significant problems. Others are offering their balanced experience that points out that not every Suunto produced has the same problem. And my Vytec works fine too.
icosm14.gif

Come on.. What is his key sentence on OP's post?

"If you can actually get in touch with them good luck. "

Any computer and any brand can be out of order....

The real issue that OP had was how to be handled...

Read it carefully.

I have never had a problem with my Vytec, but I bought it at least 4 years ago. It seems to me that they got some really faulty sensors and haven't done a recall yet. Just keep bugging them about the problem and perhaps soon they will fix all for free or give you a rebate on a new one.
I always carry a back up anyways and with the landmarks at most dive sites you can figure how deep you are by a few feet.
K

Hoosier:
"If you can actually get in touch with them good luck. "

I've had three Vytecs since they were released and we've sold loads to my customers, quite a few of them have gone down,nearly all depth sensor failure - but that's not really the problem.

All our dives are 40- 60m with 90-120 mins runtime so you'd expect them to play up sometimes. Saying that, a three gas computer has obviously been designed for deco diving!

the problem is the back-up, it's impossible to get hold of anyone at Suunto and although the computers are guaranteed for 24 months, if your new computer fails and you get a replacement, that one's only covered for 3 months from the date of replacement!

I don't get the logic, I'm sure that's not how Suunto wants their warranty system run, maybe it's ony a policy by the Thailand distributor. When I worked with Mares in Thailand,they told us to replace computers without any argument - just keep the customer happy

i was on the deco bars the other day with three other divers and three of us had failed Vytecs all in then out of the 3 month warranty .

jamie MV Trident

Could those of you who have had problems please keep us informed? I hope Suunto is getting an ear full and that this will be addressed with a recall but if not others who have a problem may want to keep building the data base here until Suunto has to respond.

Back
Top Bottom