Beware scam fake dive instructor job offer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angel_diver_biker

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like to report a fraud on fake job offer where I have send all my documents until I was ask to pay money and then thought about a scam… I have answered to this email address hr_msccruisesrecruitment@admin.in.th to a job offer for a dive instructor position for MSC Cruises based in UK. After several email with Captain Mario Stiffa including some where I had to fill my details, passport scan, address etc, I received an email from an "immigration department" immigration.permitdept@london.com asking me for my passport details, invitation letter from MSC (they send me one) and then to pay 400£ for processing. I received several phone call from the named "Captain Mario Stiffa"… I had an internet search on him at the beginning and the real MSC Cruise does have a staff named like that. Then I checked the name and address of the receiver (Caroline Fringes, 100 New Kings Road ,Chelsea, London, SW6 4LX ,United Kingdom) of the 400£ and found some information about scam. Note that this process took around 2 weeks, a certain number of email exchange, phone calls... I'm at your full disposal to send you the copy of all email exchanged if you are interested, Hoping that helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom