Beware of scammers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Guys

I had posted a want to buy advertisment in this forum for a DSLR housing.
I received a not overly suspicious email, it was written in fluent English with good grammar. The person claimed to have the item I wanted. The person made every effort not to name a price and in the process I offered 700usd which I thought was fair. The seller agreed and sent me a paypal invoice for the amount of 700usd and it did not detail what the invoice was for. At this point I asked for the invoice to be resent itemising what it is for and to be sent a photo of the housing with todays date in the shot ie newspaper or smartphone media. The seller never responded.

Hey was going by the alias VICTOR HAM from spain. The email address used was hamvictor45@gmail.com

Please avoid this scammer and be vigilant against online scammers.

It happened the same here.

I think that is the same guy "from Spain". With me he said that only accept bank transaction. I kept all the conversation and offered a lower market price, he accept and said that it was fair. When I asked for photos, he just sent me copy of old announcements from internet. Using google image search was easy to find his pics ;-)

Another strange thing that when I tried to speak in Spanish he always replied me in English. And these days, I got another email offering me a D90 system, even with my post saying that I already got one.

Take care guys and be aware.

thnx for sharing

He is using the scubaboard username of.......... foto The person has no posts and a join date on Nov 13
Please avoid dealing with this person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom