Better fins: Twin Jet or X-Pert (Both splits)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't say you couldn't do them...although back kicks in splits is an exercise bordering on complete futility (use your friend the search key to actually see video's of it on this very board)...they are way less than optimal for them.

Sorry Mustapha, no way (nice profile by the way). Splits aren't even in the same ocean when it comes to precision diving. Most people who complain about paddles dive exclusively using the good old flutter kick. I'll admit, it takes a strong pair of calves and great stamina to kick around a pair of jets with a flutter all day. So, the solution is to switch to the more efficient frog kick and modified frog. You'll find you no longer have any leg cramping etc and your gas consumption will improve significantly. You also won't leave a silt trail behind you.

I find back kicks make it infinitely easier to look at stuff up close, then back away. It is also great for holding position in mid water while facing your buddy during ascents. If a fin makes it incredibly difficult to back-up with and is quite a bit harder to make precise movements, then to me it is the equivalent of driving a car which won't go into reverse and is stuck in third gear...:D

Again, I have a pair of Zooms in great condition...make me an offer, I won't dive them ever again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom