Better fins: Twin Jet or X-Pert (Both splits)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was saying twins, I ment splits.

Actually in most tests I've seen the Apollo Bio is first...

The twin-jets were not in the top five of the Rondale test, and the X-PERT zooms came in at #5 behind the paddle velo's.

You can review the results here....

http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/fins/foot_rockets:_open-heel_fins/

The ranking and speed test links are on the last couple pages...

Ron

spidershim123:
Hmmm, I saw a couple of tests, Tusa was always second, the top ones in 3 polls where,

1st test
Apollo Bio-1st
Tusa-2nd

2nd Test
Twins-1st
Tusa-2nd

3rd Test
Apollo Bio-1st
Tusa-2nd

Hey Spidershim 123 what size fin did you get, I use a size 10 bootie is the med/ large the one I need or the large/ extra large THANKS FOR THE HELP. :wink:

RonFrank:
When I was saying twins, I ment splits.

Actually in most tests I've seen the Apollo Bio is first...

The twin-jets were not in the top five of the Rondale test, and the X-PERT zooms came in at #5 behind the paddle velo's.

You can review the results here....

http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/fins/foot_rockets:_open-heel_fins/

The ranking and speed test links are on the last couple pages...

Ron

O, mine was from a different website I saw a while back.

DYLAN04:
Hey Spidershim 123 what size fin did you get, I use a size 10 bootie is the med/ large the one I need or the large/ extra large THANKS FOR THE HELP. :wink:

I wear 13 boots and use extra large, very comfortable.

yukoneer:
here's what's on scubatoy's website:

Quote:
If you find a better price anywhere - we'll meet it or beat it!

they do price match...
I'll be calling tomorrow. I shot them a message on Friday and never heard back from them. Everyone cross your fingers.
Charley

CharleyT:
I'll be calling tomorrow. I shot them a message on Friday and never heard back from them. Everyone cross your fingers.
Charley

We'll get you set up... Just give me a shout. I was at Dema for the last few days, and all the email comes across my computer.... I didn't have time at dema to do responses... but give me a call and I'll get you set up.

Uh...you guys are using Rodales tests as valid criteria for judging fins? Yikes.

Anyone who says that splits perform better than stiff paddles for alternate kicks has never used them (back kicks, helicopters, frog-kicks etc.)

The biggest waste of money I ever made was when I bought a pair of Tusa X-pert Zooms (stiff ones in black) actually believing the marketing hype. Make me an offer.

scubatoys:
We'll get you set up... Just give me a shout. I was at Dema for the last few days, and all the email comes across my computer.... I didn't have time at dema to do responses... but give me a call and I'll get you set up.
And that's why I went and bought them today from Larry and Joe. Here is the story:

I brought another diver (Chris) from work who hadn't seen the new place. I gave him the $0.05 tour, and boy was he impressed. They have a round rack with maybe 50 misc. used rigs on them (1st/2nd stages, octos, gauges). Chris picked out the parts of the rack that he wanted (Dacor 1st, Eagle 2nd, Eagle Octo, Gauges, and BC inflator hose) for his wife, and they put it all togther for him while we looked at fins for me. He was very pleased with the price and service.

Not being sure what size I needed, one of the guys had me put on booties *exactly* like the ones I own, and fitted be with Sm/XS fins.

The only downside, was he actually sold me Med/Larges (must've grabbed the wrong bag by mistake). I'll try them on again tonight just to make sure they are too large. If they are, that's OK, as it gives me an excuse to go back tomorrow and see what else I can't live without. :)

Charley

bwerb:
Uh...you guys are using Rodales tests as valid criteria for judging fins? Yikes.

Anyone who says that splits perform better than stiff paddles for alternate kicks has never used them (back kicks, helicopters, frog-kicks etc.)

The biggest waste of money I ever made was when I bought a pair of Tusa X-pert Zooms (stiff ones in black) actually believing the marketing hype. Make me an offer.

I have Jet fins and Zooms (Black). I can do helicopters and frog-kicks with both. I haven't tried back kicks, but I will next time I wear the zooms.

bwerb:

Hmm, I have them and use them in frog, helicopter, turning, I HAVE A PAIR!!!!! I know how they work, yes they are better than paddle fins.

Back
Top Bottom