Better Deal on Dive Computer (opinions requested)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USVet96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an opportunity to get either of the following, and I'm wondering what you, the Board, thinks is a better deal, or the better computer for the $.

NEW - VT3 (Complete with transmitter and USB cable) $549

OR

NEW - VT4 (Complete with transmitter) $850

Thanks everyone

(other suggestions I'll listen to as well)

The VT3 is a very capable recreational dive computer. It's been around a while and has a solid reputation. The VT4 should be better since it's the next revision in the line but we've seen little feedback so far.

-Charles

Charles - the MAIN differences are:

VT3 - single algorithm (DSAT) VT4 - DUAL algorithm (DSAT / Pelagic+)
VT3 - no compass VT4 - Digital Compass

And the screen layout is a "little" different (where the depth, air, etc, is locted)

VT4 looks like it's a little easier to read because it uses all 3 sections of the display (top, middle, bottom), where as the VT3 looks like it only uses the middle and bottom for ALL the information (but I'm not sure).

I'm also not SURE if the VT4 has ALL of the same software features the VT3 has (ex. Turn around pressure, Remaining time, etc.)

If anyone has these, or knows, your input is requested lol.

Thanks

If anybody has either of these computers could you please confirm the screen layout for me. I know what the pictures show but I'm looking for 1st hand accounts.

Mainly the use of all 3 sections vs just using 2 of the screen sections

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom