Votes: 37 49.3%
  • OMS

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Halcyon

Votes: 15 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What Yellow Bag inserts? As I said I don't have the 16# or 32# quick release weight pockets I have the older style pocket that looks like a new 32# but with no overflap over the zipper, just the zipper on top, and the red pull (velcro on the bottom) did not have the yellow pouches. The guy who configged the back pack before me put them over the metal plates through which the hanress is threaded (ie adjusters for the shoulder straps)..

TRIM weights is a great idea as I sit now tih head up and feet down... even when I am inverrted I feel there is a tendency for my feet to come back down... I was thinkin Halcyon pockets onthe tank strap???

Bruce3:
ive recently switched from transpacII with rec wing to SS BP with oxycheq 30# signature series. i must say that oxycheq 30# SS wing does NOT fit on DR TranspacII, the cam slots on the wing are two close together. as for the DR trek wing it doesnt really feel any different from the rec. Do you use those yellow bag inserts for your weight pouches?

yeah i have the old version weight pouches as well with no flapper over the zipper. they're made so when you pull down on the red handles it drops all the weights. but you should use yellow bags. these one are green http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/DIV2...l&AdvSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=0&Hit=1 but i think they should be the right size. watch out when ordering them though cause they also have them for the 16lb system and that only holds 8lb you want the ones for the 32lb system, they should be more square in shape than rectangle. go to your local DR dealer and they should have them.

I usually use an Oxycheq/AL backplate/130 PST combination. Having said that I like the way my transpac II trims with my AL tanks. I have a travel wing and use 2-2lb trim weights on the inner D rings about shoulder level. It just locks on the trim with an AL 80. The weight pockets are kind of a kluge, no matter what you do.

I have a trek wing I used with double 80s. It sucks for single tank use, I think the term is taco, it wraps around a single tank.

Unless you have a particular fondness for Halcyon, use Trident or XS scuba weight pockets. They're far cheaper. I use a Trident pocket on each side on the cambands, with a pound and a half in each in cold water with my 95s, and a pound each in warm water with an Al80.

Where's Deep Sea Supply?

the newer 32 DR weights pouchs have snap connector clips backed up with velcro as you exit the water you clip them so you wont lose your lead. and as for buying on ebay are you sure that the loose nut that owned it before hasent re routed the tie down bungies

you could take the weight pouch contaptions off and replace them with pouches like the x-scuba on the waist band.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom