Best way to carry gear onto boat for 6 hour charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If using a black mesh bag it helps having some identification label on it like most dive gear.

Using hard boxes is an issue for my local diving during "springs" when we have around a 3m drop from the dock to the floating jetty. A bag with handles can be quickly hauled up using a rope, a box should stay in the car for all the wet stuff.

Another good example why it pays to call ahead and find out what works. I haven't been on a boat yet that can't accept crates, but if the captain said so I'd part ways with them really quick.
Bear in mind, my boat is a 20' RHIB so space is always an issue. I had a guy show up with nothing more than a pair in fins in a milk crate. What the point of that was was unclear, but it went back his car.

Swede here so I may be biased, but IKEA's FRAKTA has served me well. (No I didn't know it was called that until I looked it up now... means "haul", roughly.)

frakta-trunk-foer-kaerra-bla__0909354_pe617671_s5.jpg copy.jpg

Fits under the seat like a crate. Takes no space when empty. Goes great over the shoulder when wading out to a dive boat, too. Or you can use those straps on the underside to carry it like a backpack.

Well, yes, but this one is slimmer and has a zipper. :)

Bear in mind, my boat is a 20' RHIB so space is always an issue. I had a guy show up with nothing more than a pair in fins in a milk crate. What the point of that was was unclear, but it went back his car.

I'm not a boat guy so idk what RHIB means.. but if we're diving off your boat, you the captain makes the rules..

For day trips on boats we have a couple of heavy duty mesh duffles and dry bags. Everything fits into it. They are compact enough we take them to places like Coz where our gear does not stay on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom