Best Value Agency?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAID has just begun free renewals as long as you certify a set number of students a year. Their elearning is way better price than several agencies and the quality of the curriculum is great. I teach through multiple agencies but use RAID the most for several reasons.

I haven't been able to find any RAID instructors/affiliates nearby. I listed @RainPilot as my instructor (I have been going through some of their manuals), and he's in the UAE. :) But, they do sound pretty good.

Doesn't seem like both of these statements can be true...
it is a reasonable assumption that unless someone is inactive, they are certifying people. Otherwise why be active? That makes no sense. Just like being so pedantic on here doesn't. You like to pick too many fights.

it is a reasonable assumption that unless someone is inactive, they are certifying people. Otherwise why be active? That makes no sense. Just like being so pedantic on here doesn't. You like to pick too many fights.
LOL. Maybe you haven't been through a pandemic recently. Lots of independent instructors are having trouble getting students to certify; that doesn't mean they are inactive, just that their numbers are low. How many does RAID want you to certify to get free renewal?

LOL. Maybe you haven't been through a pandemic recently. Lots of independent instructors are having trouble getting students to certify; that doesn't mean they are inactive, just that their numbers are low. How many does RAID want you to certify to get free renewal?

Instructors must certify 5 divers at any level excluding try dives.

Is 5 such an arduous number of certifications? I don't think so in most cases.

* Zero FEe-Membership (ZFM) is a Dive RAID International exclusive launched in late 2021. It means that dive pros with the agency pay NO annual subscription fees provided they issue at least five certifications for the agency in the following calendar year.

SDI sort of lets you be independent. ]

SDI absolutely supports independents, though if you're certifying more than a couple of students a year it makes financial sense to register as a training center.

When I was looking, the cheapest agency for an independent was WASE, but even getting them to respond was a problem. No one answered the phone at their HQ and they didn't respond to emails. Now that I think about it, I never heard back from SNSI or PSS either.

I concur with @wetb4igetinthewater - they look great and their eLearning is top notch.

SDI absolutely supports independents, though if you're certifying more than a couple of students a year it makes financial sense to register as a training center.

When I was looking, the cheapest agency for an independent was WASE, but even getting them to respond was a problem. No one answered the phone at their HQ and they didn't respond to emails. Now that I think about it, I never heard back from SNSI or PSS either.

I concur with @wetb4igetinthewater - they look great and their eLearning is top notch.
Even if you are not with RAID (like me), I advise reading their instructor materials that are provided FREE on their website.

Of all agencies, RAID is doing the most for improving the industry in my opinion. Again, I'm not a RAID instructor, but the shred of integrity that I have remaining forces me to acknowledge them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom