Best UW Photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My current camera setup usually brings it in nicely, very happy with the results... Canon G11, WP-DC34 case, Ikelite YS-110 strobe. Not too big to lug around, inexpensive enough that I can replace it if I flood (not that I would be happy about it), better low light performance than the previous G9 and G10 with the reduction to 10MPix. I have been getting two or three very nice photos per dive, and I am picky.

CD42-77-10087-DC.jpg

Sometimes it is fun to play with the pic to create some drama..like this one using Greyscale
Sony Cybershot..no strobe. Pic taken Lady Elliott Is. GBR
4424-955-CLarge-1.jpg

Nice shot Gabe! Tell me about your new rig.

New Rig is Canon s90 with Canon housing. No strobe..... Shot in AV mode. f5.6, 1/60 and ISO 100.

No Strobe? And I thought the G11 flash was underpowered when I tried it without a strobe. I considered the S90, same sensor, similar lens, certainly a lot smaller. I love the function ring on the front, even if that is not usable in a case. But, I really like having the additional external controls of the G11.

Ok, having trouble getting the pic to upload, but I have to say my favorite is the first one that actually came out like I wanted it to.

Mike

all my pics save the spanish dancer and the lobster are without an external strobe. just got a strobe and its a pain in the rear to work with learning curve and all but the payoffs in the pics all though for alot of shots I really dont need the strobe .oh my bad also using a g11 canon housing.

Great shot Scott! Mine is in Belize. Red Snapper being grommed by Cleaner Gobies.
P9030017JPG.jpg

Here's one of my newest favorites. I shot it last month with my Canon S-70. I wasn't expecting much from this photo when I first looked at it in the camera screen. It really came alive after I did a color correction. I guess I got lucky! I hope you like it.

I call it: "Atomic Turtle"

34043_1439424379138_1038890729_1268353_1866736_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom