Best UW Photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can still access the ring on the s90 housing. It's the little knob on the left side.

Drew.... awesome shot buddy. Gotta love how those colors are just so true right under the surface. Doubler! I miss those barrel sponges. Shaka, you are a legend. Hope we can dive together this week bro.... bad news is I'm out of Large Shirts. Want a water bottle instead?

G

Here are a couple of Devils from Koloa Landing, great shore dive, Nikon D40, Ike housing, available light with majic filter, and my favorite, 2 harlequin shrimp eating what is left of a starfish, Garden Eel Cove, Kona, with thanks to Jeff of JDL for the great find!

Aloha

Attachments

• DSC_6177.jpg
    DSC_6177.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_6136.jpg
    DSC_6136.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 70
  • P1010017.jpg
    P1010017.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 71
Here's one of my newest favorites. I shot it last month with my Canon S-70. I wasn't expecting much from this photo when I first looked at it in the camera screen. It really came alive after I did a color correction. I guess I got lucky! I hope you like it.

I call it: "Atomic Turtle"

shaka thats a killer shot

Here's one of my favorites:

squids.jpg

Took it on a manta ray night dive. Canon G9, internal strobe. The "real" photo had a background of rocks and other diver's fins. I blacked out everything but the squid.

Here's another squid. Once again, blacked out everything but the squid.
squid

Thanks guys.

Doug, I just used photoshop and the paintbrush with black chosen as the color and started filling in. When you want to work very close to the animal, you enlarge it to the point where you're pretty much trying to guess which pixel is animal or background and paint the background pixels, when you bring it back to size it generally looks good.

I wish the squid were regulars at the dive. We started seeing them off and one a couple years back. They were around for a few weeks earlier this spring again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom