Best time of year for wetsuit deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taxgeek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a particular time of year when the shops or online distributors put wetsuits on sale? I'm looking to get a new one, but have about a year before the tropical trip that I'm getting it for. Aside from going into my LDS and asking "How much is it now?" every week, any advice?

I've seen comments in drysuit threads along the lines of "The 2009 models came out this week so I got a great deal on the 2008 model", so I'm curious if there's any similar phenomenon with wetsuits.

Thanks in Advance!
Taxgeek

Hi TaxGeek,
New designs/models are usually announced by manufacturers at DEMA in late Oct/early Nov, but distribution/availability dates vary greatly and LDSs stocking the newer models varies even more. It takes a long time for discontinued models to hit "clearance" and then usually for the least popular sizes left in the shelf.

Looks like you are in SoCal. Usually around the time of the big Scuba Show in Long Beach, most of the LDS in Orange & LA Counties have mega sales and even give out coupons at Scuba Show redeemable for special deals at the LDSs. Check www.scubashow.com for dates...usually end of May/early June. Don't hesistate to shop on-line and try for price matching with your LDS for the same identical items. In this economy most things are negotiable to some extent. Don't over look custom suits as there are several good custom wetsuit makers in the area. A great fitting custom suit compares in price with the high end name brand stock suits.

Thanks everybody!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom