Best Suunto prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
Howard, is Diver's Direct the same as World Water Sports in Key Largo? I always find bargains there - often cheaper than LP prices.
Yeah. They're cheap for accessories, but their regs and comps are not what would be MY first choice... But for a knife, dive flag, sausage, flashlight, etc... I go there. It's right near a BJ's (wholesale club) that I do regular runs for MY store, so it's convenient too.

wardric:
Could'nt find the correct translation. It's those lil' "thing" you put on weight belts to keep the weights in place. Weight stopper then?

Tri-glide.

Dive shops are getting rich selling them. I buy them from U.S. Steel and save thousands of $ each year.

Yup. they are a LDS is south Florida, but also do online and catalog sales. They have large stores about the size of an Office Depot. Though they do have some qualified people, some are just your "average hourly worker", but thats just because they store is so big.

However, due to manufacturer "minimum advertised price" requirement, you won't find deals as good in their catalog or online as you will by going into their store where they "can" sell for under MAP. Example. MSRP on Tusa split fins is $189 (or close). MAP is $129. I've seen them sell them in their store for $99. So almost half the $189 price.

howarde:
It's an LDS here in FL... I get the same kind of things you do there. But they don't sell ScubaPro (Uwatec) - which is what my dive computer is.

In fact it's only in Florida I think (while Diver's Supply is In Ga I think).

howarde:
Yeah. They're cheap for accessories, but their regs and comps are not what would be MY first choice... But for a knife, dive flag, sausage, flashlight, etc... I go there. It's right near a BJ's (wholesale club) that I do regular runs for MY store, so it's convenient too.

And fins! Bought fins for my kids there. I don't recall seeing any BP/Ws there. Do they sell Apeks? I haven't bought any life support equipment from them either.

TheRedHead:
Howard, is Diver's Direct the same as World Water Sports in Key Largo? I always find bargains there - often cheaper than LP prices.

yep, exactly the same company

wardric:
In fact it's only in Florida I think (while Diver's Supply is In Ga I think).

Have you been there too? It's as big as a small Walmart.

TheRedHead:
And fins! Bought fins for my kids there. I don't recall seeing any BP/Ws there. Do they sell Apeks? I haven't bought any life support equipment from them either.
No... no BP/W's - Zeagle products are the closest to BP/W's

No Apeks.

They still are not your "local-friendly-neighbour-LDS-own-by-a-guy-struggling-to-earn-a-living-out-of-something-he-loved-to-do-but-can't-do-anymore-coz-he's-too-busy-operating-it".

I've been going to Florida for the last 5 years and I always get the car loaded with stuff I buy there. I get the 150 purchase gift every time. Last year, I got 3 hats :D But only stuff I need and nothing too specialized or technical

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom