• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Best simple wrist computer with user changeable batteries?

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches & Analyzers' started by Isaac-1, May 26, 2012.

1. Isaac-1

Isaac-1 Instructor, Scuba

Thanks for all the replies so far, I will add the ones I had missed to the list, keep the comments coming

2. Kevrumbo

Kevrumbo Banned

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    chile7236 likes this.
  3. Hatul

Hatul Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I was really impressed with the Liquivision Kaon when I saw it at the scuba show, if you want non AI computer.

4. buddhasummer

buddhasummer Bat sh.t crazy ScubaBoard Supporter

Im assuming it's very similar to the soon to be released Lynx which I will be buying as have decided to give AI a try.

5. diversteve

diversteve always tired Rest in Peace ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Maybe an Aeris Manta? $400+, PC downloadable, Air/Nitrox, backlight and:
    The battery is a CR2340 - I can get them at Walgreens.

I have a Gekko. While I find it easy to use, it doesn't have a backlight - it has a phosphorescent dial that you charge with a light that will glow for about an hour or so. I think the Zoop is the same.

A Zeagle Express Tech is about a pound lighter than a ScubaPro Go. Zeagle says it's either 5/5.2 lbs. on their website, the Go is less than 6 according to Scubapro. The Aqualung Zuma is 4.4lbs.

6. buddhasummer

buddhasummer Bat sh.t crazy ScubaBoard Supporter

Yep Zoop is the same, I also own a vyper basically Zoop/Gekko with gauge mode and back light. I do a lot of night diving so am looking forward to OLED .

7. Isaac-1

Isaac-1 Instructor, Scuba

Well I ended up buying a ScubaPro Geo off the clearance shelf at the local ScubaPro dealer today, $196 with a power inflator, for the price I can live with the map / chart theme.

8. chile7236

chile7236 Instructor, Scuba

picked up a meridian on a whim...like it so far. pretty simple to use but the manual takes some digesting....other than the meridian, definitely look at the geo 2.0