Best Scubaboard Posters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you'll get a clearer answer by finding out which SB poster has the highest percentage of "thanks" per posting.

On the level of an individual thread maybe you could use this but the people with the highest *total* number of thanks, friends and profile-views have done this as a joke. They are not the users who have the highest total number of thanks because they said anything of value.

Case in point, TSandM (Lynne) is probably the most respected, most widely read and most relevant person on Scubaboard and she has 3,260 thanks. Every single one of those was given because she said something worth listening to. Several users have 10 times that many thanks but only a very small fraction of those thanks were given for anything relevant they might have said.

The "thanks" spoofers, most of whom can be identified by reading the MOF threads, have a great sense of belonging or community, which has value, and some of them have a great sense of humor but few of them actually write much, as compared to their total number of posts, on the subject of diving.

R..

:eek:fftopic: :( I want to hear about the good posters. This is a very positive thread, and I hope to find new people to follow.

Jax is right. Let's park the thanks issue and move on.

R..

A point about thanked posts .. just click on the number of thanked posts of a poster you admire and that can lead you to some very relevant, insightful and knowledgeable posts that they have made

A point about thanked posts .. just click on the number of thanked posts of a poster you admire and that can lead you to some very relevant, insightful and knowledgeable posts that they have made

Or not.:chuckle:

It's sort of been aluded to already, but I'm tempted to think that the best posters are one ones who post a valuable response when you're trying to find out something, or who make you laugh when that's what you're looking for (although maybe you're not conciously looking for that). They may not always be the best, but in that moment, they are. Not everybody makes helpful posts all the time, those listed here are the posters consistently making good posts.

My Thanks count (vs my post count) shows that I've helped a few people in some way, and I take some pride in that, but I'd never expect to be mentioned in a list like this one, so I'll congratulate those who are. Keep up the good posts!

(and anybody I can think of at the moment to add to the list is already there.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom