Best Roatan resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roatan Aggressor is on my list in either 2021 or 2022 :)

I would validate that they are going to Utila. Utila was closed and not allowed due to Covid. I would have rethought going had I known we werent going to dive there.

I would validate that they are going to Utila. Utila was closed and not allowed due to Covid. I would have rethought going had I known we werent going to dive there.
Oh that's too bad. Yes, one of the reasons I'd like to do Roatan Aggressor is that they spend some time over in Utila and not solely in Roatan. I'll be sure to check/validate, although I am hopeful by the time we'd go, either late 2021 or in 2022 everything will be okay again....

Why were you not allowed, since you board and disembark in Roatan, not in Utila?

Why were you not allowed, since you board and disembark in Roatan, not in Utila?

in this moment of limited booked passengers, the budget for fuel is likewise limited.

in this moment of limited booked passengers, the budget for fuel is likewise limited.

They told us that Utila was not granting permission to the Aggressor, due to covid. Of course, that seems ridiculous as there is no risk to Utila that a dive boat used their waters.

One other thing, the thing I was looking most forward to was diving the sea mounts and they pulled out after 3 dives "because conditions and currents were too rough"

I remember thinking to myself that I not once struggled in any currents or conditions in the slightest bit. Maybe all the Cozumel scuba has me ready for it, but it seemed ridiculous.

Barefoot Cay is a lovely little boutique resort! You can do 3 dives a daily, night dives when there are at least 4 divers. Food is very good, and the little villas are outstanding.

I dive, my wife doesn't, do you believe Barefoot Cay is a good choice, thanks!

We enjoy Turquoise Bay Resort. We're going back in August for trip number 2. Clean rooms, smaller resort, quiet, no late night clubs. Good food, great drinks. Subway Water Sports is a great dive shop with some of the nicest boats I've ever been on.

What's best for me may not be best for you. I go on vacation to dive and relax and dive...maybe get in a few dives too...then dive some more. TBR is a good place to be.

If your hearts not set on Roatan, we just got back from Suncape Resort in Curacao and it was my best dive vacation ever.

Safe travels,
Jay

They told us that Utila was not granting permission to the Aggressor, due to covid. Of course, that seems ridiculous as there is no risk to Utila that a dive boat used their waters.

Since Utila has a Hyperbaric chamber any dive boat in their waters is a risk.

We enjoy Turquoise Bay Resort. We're going back in August for trip number 2. Clean rooms, smaller resort, quiet, no late night clubs. Good food, great drinks. Subway Water Sports is a great dive shop with some of the nicest boats I've ever been on.

What's best for me may not be best for you. I go on vacation to dive and relax and dive...maybe get in a few dives too...then dive some more. TBR is a good place to be.

If your hearts not set on Roatan, we just got back from Suncape Resort in Curacao and it was my best dive vacation ever.

Safe travels,
Jay
My wife and I also had a great time at Turquoise Bay Trip Report - Turquoise Bay Resort/Subway Watersports August 2017 We do not need other activities or entertainment. The diving with Subway was very good

My friends and I rented a random AirBNB-type place in the West End and just walked to West End Divers every day. Can't recommend them enough, and you don't need to stay at a resort to have a great time. It was one of the best diving trips I ever did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom