Best rings for neoprene seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tried searching about this, but no luck.

I have neoprene wrist seals on my drysuit, and I'd like to get dry gloves. I've looked at Viking, SI Tech, OS Systems, and Diving Concepts ring systems. I'm getting the impression that the Diving Concepts may be the best for thick neoprene seals, but I wonder what experiences you guys have had.

The SI tech come with a variety of colored rings; for thin to think seals. I have the SI tech glove lock set and really like how it works.

Mike:

Do you have neoprene seals? I'm also looking at upgrading to dry gloves; all I've seen on the shelves are "Latex only". I called a store in a different city and they can get the Si-Tech rings, but I don't want to custom order a dry ring set if they won't work.

The wrist seals used to work, but I lost some weight and now they don't when I'm grabbing things like my console, a light, or the inflator. Gets kind of chilly in there.

Thanks.

I asked this same question a few years ago and I don't remember hearing of a commercial solution. Divers have made internal rings with stuff like PVC pipe or fittings and mounted generic gloves with o-rings or vacuum cleaner drive belts.

Pete

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer.

Basically, nobody has bought them and tried them on neoprene seals so I'll have to run an experiment.

Expensive experiment, though -- it's $180 for the rings. Hasn't anyone used them before?

Last edited:
Sorry,

But my I have the CLX 450 drysuit and it has latex seals.... The drygloves work just awesome, zero leaks and very warm..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom