Best Plan to find Used Tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anybody have any advice for us on how to get some nice used tanks?

Also, what is the skinny for tank racks for our boat? We just want four tanks and four racks. WC, Jimrumbo, Turtleguy......advice please.

Maybe we will just get new ones...but we don't need new ones if anyone has some for sale. Leesa, should I be in marketplace for this?

Craigslist
Search: Scuba Tanks

Scuba

Find out what the going price is (off of ebay and such) and then just wait and watch... Hint you can RSS feed and add a ticker onto Firefox so it'll pop up when someone adds soemthing new

Ummm - regarding Craig's list

I just bought a used bike today that turned out to be stolen.

Be careful.

Yeah craiglist is the modern day fence. I usally just bump into people who have tanks for sale. That and poke around back rooms of shops, trade and beg for them.

tanks for all (tanks...hehehe...get it)

catherine96821:
tanks for all (tanks...hehehe...get it)
I found 5 Grants at the bottom of Halifax harbor, but I don't think they will help you.

my lds has a whole pile of used tanks they'd probably let you have for free ... something about having failed hydro I think ... :wink:

I picked 4 of mine up from a local guy who was selling all his gear, and then picked up 3 more from a friend who had them sitting in his garage (empty) for the past 20 years and just wanted to get rid of them ... after tumbling them (steel lp 72's) they were beautiful and passed hyrdo easily.

One option is to get in good with the Salvation Army captain that runs your local thrift store. Cpt. Taylor on Maui (also a PADI IDCS) has picked up a bunch from there because they can't resell them, and people just give them to the S.A. when they're moving off-island.

So, for the price of a vis & hydro, you've got yourself a tank.

Aloha Catherine
I have purchased a few tanks off e bay. The shipping via Mail to Hawaii is usually about $30 per tank. Check the newspaper from time to time. Some of the local diveshops sell off the older tanks as they are not pretty any more.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

Make sure that your friends, and people that you meet know that you are a diver.

I have been given a lot of misc. diving gear over the years, (4 tanks) all they cost was a hydro.

Back
Top Bottom