best places to eat in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, that's the name and place! For sure, let's go there. I'll be back on the island the first week of January and staying until April.

We last ate there during Carnival. They moved a table out to the front for us to watch the parade and eat and drink with a perfect view. Deb came by and took our photo too!

Oops! Didnt see that y'all had that covered already :) I want to join you girls at Rolandi's for wine and appys - jaja

Christi, we can go get the seats warmed up before MMM gets here... the week after next, once we're back from DEMA. You name an evening!

Rolandi's? underneath where 1.5 used to be... great outside deck with couch-like seating... awesome spot for some appys and a bottle of wine as the sun goes down. There? We should go there, Marg!

The little puffy garlic pizza crust thing is awesome, the pesto was great, and that pitcher of sangria went down really smooth!!!

Costa Brava. Great mole. (mole-ay) Turn east just a bit south of downtown where the guy grilling hotdogs and onions is and the old telephone building is with the plastic traffic cones that look like Mayan ruins.

We go there probably 3x in a week.

Here are some of my personal favorites.

FOR BREAKFAST :
• Try to have breakfast at least once at the Museum. Amazing ocean view and good dishes. Ask for the Spanish menu, as it has more options. My favorite there is huevos venenosos, an omelet with different herbs and chaya, aka the Mexican spinach.

Another connoisseur of Chaya!

Another restaurant that serves this relatively unknown, yet wonderful vegetable is Casa Denis. When we visit the island, one of my favorite breakfasts is Huevos con Chaya (essentially sautéed Chaya folded into scrambled eggs). Apply some of their Salsa Verde (might have to order it on the side) and I am in Heaven.

I became hooked on this one dish to the point that I recently acquired a Chaya plant and am cultivating it in my backyard garden. Only problem is finding dishes other than breakfast to use it in.

For those of you who do not know Chaya, check here.

AHHHH!! The Cochinita Pibil!! Tortas Cochinita Pibil, con saboyos (with onions), the best Sunday Breakfast food ever. I've had both good and bad on the island - the good places are usually back in the hoods, or at the Mercado back of the main plaza, but they all run out early. I've heard that the best on the island is back aways on the Transversal road - heading over toward the East Side, cooked in the traditional way, wrapped in Banana Leaves & slow cooked in a pit. Haven't yet had the chance to try it (if I'm on Coz, I'm usually diving in the morning, so I'm stuck finding places that still have it after noon - and the really good stuff sells out quickly, before 10:30 or 11:00). For directions to find the authentic deal, check out the Food Discussion Board at CozumelMyCozumel.com - there's a post on Cochinita Pibil.

La Choza. I don't actually know the address, just how to get there. Amazing fajitas, and Choza sauce is awesome!

La Choza. I don't actually know the address, just how to get there. Amazing fajitas, and Choza sauce is awesome!

La Choza

Si, Si!
muy delisioso!

Back
Top Bottom