Best place to get air/ tanks in Maui???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug:
Every now and then you can get bad air. Sometimes it's not the compressor but instead the tank that's bad. I always recommend smelling the air before you leave the shop just to be sure. Just like sour milk or a skunk beer, you can end up with it even from the most reputable and reliable source. Take a whiff when you pick up the tanks and you will prevent most problems with diving on contaminated air.

B&B has great air, as do all the shops here. You will probably only save pennies between shops so is it really worth it to worry too much about where to get the "best" air deal?? I would place convenience at the top of my priority list when it comes to this subject. Who will be closest and most readily accessible to you?

I will say, in over nine years, I've never had a bad (or low) fill from B&B SCUBA at Azeka Place!
Shaka Doug, is the old love bus still chugging?----Hang loose!

Mauifish:
Shaka Doug, is the old love bus still chugging?----Hang loose!

You know it! I made a cool Scooter dive out of it today out to the St. Anthony Wreck (on B&B air by the way! MMMMmmm....They've got some Sweet Maui Air!).

Shaka Doug:
You know it! I made a cool Scooter dive out of it today out to the St. Anthony Wreck (on B&B air by the way! MMMMmmm....They've got some Sweet Maui Air!).
Good air and good special Blesi made Hawaiian sweet bread sandwiches :)

As stated above, you won't go wrong getting air at any of the local shops. B&B is the only I am aware of that has a very few DIN tanks (Nitrox only I believe) But I'd plan on bringing a Yoke adapter either way as DIN is very hard to come by.

Price wise you'll pay nearly the same at Maui Dreams, B&B, Pacific of Maui Dive shop.

Many folks find Maui Dive Shop to be the most convenient as they can buy a 10 tank card for $40 and get a filled tank at any of the numerous MDS on the island.

Personally I get my fills at Pacific as it's hard to beat $2/fill ... but ya gotta buy quite a few for that price :p

Aloha, Tim

I used a din valve from B&B with straight air but maybe things have changed. I guess all it takes is a phone call to find out:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom