Best Place to Certify in East Bay, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like they're doing their classroom stuff out of Hayward, but do some of their pool work in the pool at Cal High in San Ramon. There are very few dive shops in the East Bay.

I would recommend the Anchor Shack... Its nice due to the fact they have their own ONSITE POOL... You can use the pool anytime during business hours for free (including the rental gear) to practice your skills and whatnot.... Anchor Shack SCUBA

Hi, go to Monterey. There's this dive shop Aquarius on Del monte Av. and ask for Bruce.
I remembered he was talking about a stretch of sea where many OW divers are certified. Probably good for your training then afterwards you can do some really nice dives in that area as well.

Sport Chalet in Pleasanton.

If you want private or semi-private instruction, PM me.

I recently had a friend get a certification through the Pleasanton Sport Chalet and it was a great experience. I also would say that Anchor Shack was great when my son got his certification with them, but that was quite awhile ago.

On a side note: dannobee is one of the nicest guys around (you pay pay me later, dan)

I recently had a friend get a certification through the Pleasanton Sport Chalet and it was a great experience. I also would say that Anchor Shack was great when my son got his certification with them, but that was quite awhile ago.

On a side note: dannobee is one of the nicest guys around (you can pay me later, dan)

How much do I owe you? :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom