Best Place For Diver Family To Live In Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my Jupiter neighborhood the houses are only going for 1/2 a million right now!
Seriously? I just got back from there and my sister lives there....her townhouse was way way more than that

I live on the SE side and started diving in this area. I love diving BHB for the macro photography and seeing all the friends I've made over the years. I haven't ventured much out of the region, mostly doing chartered dives out of Jupiter or WPB and shore diving from Lauderdale by the Sea all the way up to Vero Beach.

I do my best to make it to BHB every other week for night diving at high tide. I know people who have moved here just to dive BHB and spend every free moment they can diving there. It's great for families due to its shallow depths. It's also great to learn how to dive. Have I mentioned how awesome the macro photography? I used to have a big group of people I dove with here and we'd go out for a bite to eat after each dive. Unfortunately with covid and people not diving as much as they used to, my friend group has shrunk, so I need to put effort into growing it back out.

Jupiter and WPB charter diving is great. There are really good charters here. I need to spread out a little more and try Pompano and eventually make it down to the Keys. Maybe one day I'll make it to the gulf side.

Some of my dive buddies used to go to the springs up north. It's a couple of hours away, so totally doable if planned.

Another benefit of South Florida, there are direct flights to Bonaire out of Miami.

Reading the post above made me think of the airports in Florida.... That's one thing you may want to check. Many places have airports that call themselves " international" but they aren't even inter-cities or inter-states... Panam City in the panhandle comes to mind. Dealing with the US Navy i was there 12 years ... That was a miserable place to live for me. Among the crappy things was the airport, they call themselves international but while I was there they only flew to Atlanta, granted the Navy paid for my trips and gave me plenty of miles for my personal use, but sheesh talk about stupid expensive to fly out of there.
Being in SE Florida gives your 3 real no kidding international airports, so you can do a bit of shopping.

But again, if you like the Florida up north you won't like the Florida in the south.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom