Best octopus dish in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would definitely try La Perlita. I think it has exceptional service, value, food and a reasonable price. I just looked and they have octopus cooked the way you want.

I don't suppose you saw this thread in which a number of people voiced their disapproval of eating such an interesting creature: Octopus Farming - a firm no from me 👎

I eat octopus, and my preferred preparation in Mexico is a coctel. Unlike grilled octopus, a coctel is difficult to mess up, and most of the seafood places, including La Perlita, mentioned above, do a good job. I don't visit Coz often enough to have a favorite.

Hey..... no controversy on my end.... My take is that only vegetarians or vegans have a real or valid argument against eating octopus. As a full fledged Treager cook'n, steak and rib lov'n carnivore, I would be a hypocrite to criticize.

It's kinda like the whole abortion issue that's tearing the country apart..... Men should not be allowed to even vote on it or have any say at all on it..
I would have to disagree on both accounts.
I am an every-weekend-grilling carnivore but will not eat a dog for example (although it ok in some cultures) or a rodent etc… That doesn’t make me a hypocrite.
As far as an abortion issue, it is not just women’s issue. It is a societal issue. Parental rights vs unborn child rights… Certainly, it is not something that needs to be discussed in this forum.

As far as an abortion issue, it is not just women’s issue. It is a societal issue. Parental rights vs unborn child rights… Certainly, it is not something that needs to be discussed in this forum.
I totally agree on the not discussing here part.... Edited my post....

Please let's not devolve into politics! Back to the OP's question:

I have not had it at La Perlita, but everything else I've had there has been good.

The Seafood Molcajete (Molcajete Caribeño) at Casa Cuzamil is one of the best meals on the island (or off) and includes a good amount of octopus in addition to fish, shrimp, conch and lobster. One order feeds two hearty appetites.

one thing to note is coctel sauce in Coz is more like sweet tomato pasta sauce than horseradishish shrimp cocktail sauce served in the US

one thing to note is coctel sauce in Coz is more like sweet tomato pasta sauce than horseradishish shrimp cocktail sauce served in the US
In Mexico it's often ketchup-based as well, but it's likely to be flavored with clam juice (or a commercial tomatoey-seafoody product like Camaronazo), Maggi or Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice, instead of horseradish. I think the ketchup's sweetness is more pronounced because it isn't drowned out by anything as bold as horseradish. We make Mexican-style seafood cocktails at home, and like a lot of things we make at home, we often prefer them to what we find in the restaurants.

Thanks for the suggestions. The molcajete looks ridiculous.
Yes, the molcajete is great. Pro tip: there's so much seafood that you may not notice until near the end that there's a delicious sauce at the bottom of the bowl -- nice to put a little extra on, or just to sop up with bread.

Yes, the molcajete is great. Pro tip: there's so much seafood that you may not notice until near the end that there's a delicious sauce at the bottom of the bowl -- nice to put a little extra on, or just to sop up with breadLa C
Foodie here on the hunt for the best octopus dish in Coz. I prefer grilled but am open to other options.
Let me know your favorite dish & locale.
Thanks
La Conchita Del Caribe is my absolute favorite for Octopus. And all seafood for that matter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom