Best Low Pressure Scuba Regulator Hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricPhotography92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
Im interested in obtaining a few low pressure scuba regulator hose's for apeks regulators.
Ill be diving in harsh conditions, Do i need some kind of heavy duty hose, if so what kind would you suggest?
-eric

This has been asked recently and the consensus was that the original hoses that come with the reg are as good and most likely better than the typical aftermarket hose.
With careful storage and the occasional dab of lube on the swivel o ring will last dozen(s) of years.

Check out MiFlex, I've switched a large percentage of our regulator lp hoses (we have upwards of a dozen single hose regs) and we have been completely satisfied with the way the MiFlex has performed.

I've heard more than a few people around say that they've had issues with the braided hoses chafing other equipment (neoprene, drysuits, inflator hoses, etc) over time. You mention harsh conditions...if you're referring to cold water and dive dry, I'd look into that issue before purchasing miflex hoses. I use a short miflex hose for my bungee'd octo and haven't had any chafing issues with my wetsuit, but I could see there being chafing issues with a miflex long hose.

Apeks XTX50 and Miflex. NO ISSUES. Been using Miflex for about 5 years and not one single issue. Hundreds of dives a year, and lots of dive travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom