Best Lauderdale Wrecks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bikefox

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm headind down to Fort Lauderdale (Pompano) this Feb. for some wreck diving. Looking at all of the possibilities can be a little overwelming. Any suggestions on MUST do wrecks in the area. Keep in mind we only have three days.

From a purely recreational standpoint I would suggest Tenneco Towers, the RSB1 and the Tracy. There are many more wrecks here and I'm sure people will suggest others but these 3 are my fav recreational wrecks. Ledt us know when you're in the area and maybe some of us can get together and get wet with you.

We're diving Feb. 17-19th on the Miss Conduct. We really want to dive as many wrecks as time and profiles will allow. There are only two of us so we would love others to join!! Let me know if anyone is interested.

What wrecks to do in Broward county is up to your skills level. There are people who love the 70'-deep wrecks like the Sea Emperor and other people who feel like they're wasting their time unless they're diving the Bill Boyd at just under 300' deep.
Tenneco is fun, the RSB-1 is ok - it's at 112' - lots of cool wrecks there.
And if you are making all that effort to get from Colorado down to Florida, if you travel north about 60 miles to Jupiter at the border with Martin county, you can dive with the lemon sharks. If they're running, you won't be able to count them all even if you take your gloves and booties off.
Plus they hate eating pale people from landlocked states, so how can you lose?

Tom Winters:
Plus they hate eating pale people from landlocked states, so how can you lose?
Tom,
You are a HOOT!:05:
My wife thinks I am nuts cracking up reading this stuff!:laughing:
Dive safe,
Brad

Definitely Tenneco Towers. There's also hog heaven close by, which is two wrecs in one. Only three days, huh? Maybe you'll have time to escape to Key Largo and do the Spiegel Grove.

bikefox:
I have done the Keys several times in the past. Thought we would try something different time.
The Spiegel upright is a whole new dive! Just did five on it two weeks ago and didn't get it all.

I think he said he didn't want to dive in Largo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom