Best Lauderdale Wrecks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bikefox:
We're diving Feb. 17-19th on the Miss Conduct. We really want to dive as many wrecks as time and profiles will allow. There are only two of us so we would love others to join!! Let me know if anyone is interested.

Conrad Nix, great guy. I used to DM for him years ago. I have the 17th and 18th off so maybe, if the weather ever settles down, we can can meet up. PM me when the time gets closer.

Rodeo 25 is a nice dive, 125' to the sand and a couple of bull sharks frequent the wreck. I dove it in November, and it was the best dive of my trip. Vis was excellent since you are a bit deeper and farther out.

Ditto the recommendation for the Tracy... Had nices dives on it and Sea Emp this weekend. Wind was up and quite a few people turned green on-board... Both are in the 60-90' range - so the sweet spot for diving Nitrox. Tracey has alot of good easy penetration. Sea Emp - not so much... Basically I get end-to-end flashbacks of Luke and Solo as I go from cargo hold to cargo hold...

"3PO - 3PO - Shut down all the trash compactors on the detention level....!"

But there's an abundance of sea life in and around the wreck... A few golaith groupers, VERY friendly rays, and a massive nurse shark resting under the hull. (And two lobster just out of reach...)

RSB and Rodeo are nice wrecks as well - but deeper. Most ops want you to stay within NDL's - so even with 32% - your looking at a shorter in-water time...

I seem to recall Ancient Mariner was also a fun dive... I'm used to Milwaukee where you have 2 wrecks to pick from in the recreational ranges... Down here - with so many options the sites are beginning to blur...

Ok since we're all getting wild and crazy here if you like the deep ones and are at least AOW the Jim Atria is another fantastic dive. It's deep, 132 to the sand but it has lots of good penetration and lots of growth as it's been down awhile. I like the deeper wrecks, which might be why I have a hard time finding dive buddies. :huh:

If you'd even get that trimix cert there Tim these wrecks here wouldn't be such a blur. :D

Padipro:
If you'd even get that trimix cert there Tim these wrecks here wouldn't be such a blur. :D

Keeping in the spirit.... In my best Han Solo voice...
"Laugh it up fuzzball"... I had lobster tails tonite for dinner... And they wern't from Publix!

-Tim

netmage:
Keeping in the spirit.... In my best Han Solo voice...
"Laugh it up fuzzball"... I had lobster tails tonite for dinner... And they wern't from Publix!

-Tim

You mean you actually found lobster? Brilliant!!!

The Hydro is just a little deep for recreational divers. Yes I know some boats take rec divers to the Hydro but if there's even a mild current your pretty much stuck in one small spot where the structure will protect you and keep you from being blowen away. It is a great wreck but considering the deck is at 140 I think it's a little deep.

140 is a little too deap for me!! I like those wrecks in 70-100 range if possible. I'm AOW and my buddy is Rescue. Both of us have dove wrecks in the range listed above. Wrecks like the Speigel and Duane were prefect without us being out of our skill level. We just decided for this trip to skip the 2 hour drive to the keys and give the Lauderdale wrecks a try. Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far!!

I second the Captain Dan... GREAT wreck dive. Another great dive is the Guy Harvey. It sets at about 145 to the sand.

Maybe it is just me - but I've never really enjoyed Tennco Towers.

Talon:
Maybe it is just me - but I've never really enjoyed Tennco Towers.

Have you ever dived it at night? Now that's a nice dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom