Best latex seal to latex seal adhesive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will offer you an alternative that has worked well for us. It is DAP 610. The product is manufactured by Weldwood and labeled The original contact cement. It is 4 bucks for 16 oz at the hardware store.

Feel free to look at the chemical composite of both. If you find the difference let me know.

I have repaired over 30 suits in the last five years using it, three are my own. Not one issue yet.
The last time I bought PB300 we were charges 28 bucks for a small 8 oz can. The DAP product is 1/4 the cost for twice as much.

I am going to give this contact cement a try this weekend to replace my wrist seals with. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

I have used PB-300 in the past but don't want to wait for the shipping and have to pay the extra cost; if this other stuff works.

Thanks!

I am going to give this contact cement a try this weekend to replace my wrist seals with. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

I have used PB-300 in the past but don't want to wait for the shipping and have to pay the extra cost; if this other stuff works.

Thanks!

I'm going to try it too. When I get off my ass.

I'll let you know how it works, I will be replacing my wrist seals tomorrow. Spent the evening taking off the old ones, peeling off glue, and preping for the new seals to go on.

I have been trying to find a good jig to use; trying out some plastic cups for the dollar store.

I'll let you know how it works, I will be replacing my wrist seals tomorrow. Spent the evening taking off the old ones, peeling off glue, and preping for the new seals to go on.

I have been trying to find a good jig to use; trying out some plastic cups for the dollar store.

Please do let me know. I'm going to have rings for the neck seal made at a plastic store on Canal St.. If I can get off my ass.

Well the wrist seals are on; used the DAP Original Contact Cement, looks and reacts just like the other more expensive stuff I was using. I will let the suit hang for the next 3 day and dive it on Wednesday night. For the most part I like this cement and you can't beat the cost. I picked up a pint can at Lowes for $7. Depending on how the dive goes I might just recommend this stuff to the LDS as an alternative.

Thanks again for the line on the contact cement!

Let us know if this works, enquiring minds want to know.
Thanks for being a guinea pig!

Made my dive last night with the new seals secured by The Original Contact Cement and no leaks. Dive profile multi-level was 93ft for 18min total dive time 48min water temps at 93ft were 41 and at 15ft 65.

So far so good checked the seals again this morning and are holding tight. Now we'll see how this is after 50 - 100 dives.

Thanks again!

I ripped my latex seal trying to install a Diving Concepts ring system for the dry gloves. Can I patch the tear seeing how the latex is folded back on itself? Or replace the whole thing?

I ripped my latex seal trying to install a Diving Concepts ring system for the dry gloves. Can I patch the tear seeing how the latex is folded back on itself? Or replace the whole thing?

Time for replacement. If it stretches after a repair it could easily leak. Not worth the risk of ruining a day or weekend of diving over.

Well, I had nothing to lose so I messed with it a bit. I brought the plastic ring that sits inside the latex seal forward enough that the small tear was behind the locking seal (for the glove). I then put an o ring on and folded the latex over itself (o ring and the tear). Put another o ring on top of that and folded the rest of the latex back over itself again.

The latex should never be stretched again. It is on the ring system so I would think the possibility of tugging and pulling and tearing it more is gone or very little.

Just dunked both arms into a bucket of water for 5 min and no leak.

Not a cure but this may work for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom