Best Inherently Sealed Regulator for Cold/Warm Diving

Best Reg?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inherently sealed, double hose like the Argonaut Kraken, I prefer piston first stages for single hose diving and atomic can be bought sealed, I seal mine (Atomics) if they aren’t already. There aren’t really any bad regulators just some that are harder to tune/repair and get parts for, go with the best deal.
That is true! They offer the B2 or Z3 sealed!

I’d suggest looking at Deep 6, regardless whether you are interested in servicing your own regs or not.

Have you used them before? If I am seeing correctly they only offer one which is the “Signature”. That’s a lot cheaper than the Atomic or MK25! How is it breathing / quality?

Have you used them before? If I am seeing correctly they only offer one which is the “Signature”. That’s a lot cheaper than the Atomic or MK25! How is it breathing / quality?

Our work of breathing is quite low actually. The new internal components we are using like the teflon coated HP poppet, teflon coating in the second stage barrel, and turbine poppet all serve to lower WOB and provide a more stable IP throughout the breathing cycle. We also use teflon washers in the balance chamber. As far as durability goes, the Signature is chromed then PVD coated for greater scratch protection, versus many others that are chromed only. The Signature has a metal DIN or Yoke handwheel, versus others that use plastic. These are of course just a few things I can think of highlighting off the top of my head.

Of course I'm biased, but I'm sure others will chime in as well. User reviews carry more weight than one of use adding in. If you had any specific questions though I'm sure Chris or I would be happy to answer.

My sidemount setup is Deep 6. I can't see I've been horribly deep on them at this point (130 feet only), but sidemount is my long term tec configuration. At that depth, they breath really nicely, better than my MK25 Evo/S600 setup. I haven't taken my Atomic M1's all that deep yet.

Edit: I forgot to add. Equivalent to my Apex XTX50s

Last edited:
Our work of breathing is quite low actually. The new internal components we are using like the teflon coated HP poppet, teflon coating in the second stage barrel, and turbine poppet all serve to lower WOB and provide a more stable IP throughout the breathing cycle. We also use teflon washers in the balance chamber. As far as durability goes, the Signature is chromed then PVD coated for greater scratch protection, versus many others that are chromed only. The Signature has a metal DIN or Yoke handwheel, versus others that use plastic. These are of course just a few things I can think of highlighting off the top of my head.

Of course I'm biased, but I'm sure others will chime in as well. User reviews carry more weight than one of use adding in. If you had any specific questions though I'm sure Chris or I would be happy to answer.

So the signature is nicer than the DGX?

Atomic is the best piston regulator out there followed by Scubapros. For cold water and silty conditions I prefer to stick with sealed diaphragms instead of pistons. Apeks has a very large global following. Dive Rite and Deep 6 are what I have found to be equally good without the additional price you would pay for an Apeks. If I was in your situation, I would go with Deep 6.

Back
Top Bottom