'Best' IDC in Asia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyMoreno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm planning a long, slow trip through Asia, and hoping to do my IDC early next year. I need some destinations for my itinerary, where would you all suggest is the best (I know it's all in the eye of the beholder, but stick with me here...) IDC in all of Asia? I'm pretty wide open to suggestions here...

Possibly even better might be if there's any specific places I should stay clear of...

Any replies are greatly appreciated.
/Andy

Asia Divers in Puerto Galera.

Inexpensive food & accommodations; good exchange rate for a weak US Dollar; everybody speaks English (the official language along with Tagalog, with a population literacy rate over 90%) --easy to communicate and travel around exploring this SE Asian Archipelago; and the northern apex of the Coral Triangle. Good wreck diving & training, fabulous reefs and marine biodiversity: All in the Philippines. . .

There are many good IDCs. What it really comes down to is finding a Course Director you feel good about working with. The ideal thing, I think, would be to decide on a place you'd like to be at for a while, show up, and go talk about your aspirations with a number of CDs, then pick the one you are most comfortable with. Here on Phuket, with the large number of CDs and IDCs available, you would surely find what you're looking for. Plus the diving is very good.

Back
Top Bottom