Diving and snorkeling options from a sailboat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derwag

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone....would appreciate any suggestions for a live aboard sailboat/scuba and snorkeling charter. My friend is an avid diver, I am more a snorkeler and we would both like to tie it into some sailing. If you know of specific operators in an area with great marine life, I would appreciate your ideas! We can travel to Pacific, SE Asia, or Caribbean.

Hi everyone....would appreciate any suggestions for a live aboard sailboat/scuba and snorkeling charter. My friend is an avid diver, I am more a snorkeler and we would both like to tie it into some sailing. If you know of specific operators in an area with great marine life, I would appreciate your ideas! We can travel to Pacific, SE Asia, or Caribbean.
One of my most memorable dive outings involved sailing (bareboat) a 51' sloop in the British Virgin Islands to various dive spots where we would moor the boat and dive. Recreational diving. There were six of us, and one was a very experienced sailor (experienced captain). We stayed (slept, cooked) on the boat, but we did occasionally visit taverns, etc. on shore.

I highly recommend this type of outing.

ETA: I should have added: One of us was a non-diver. When we were diving, she would snorkel above us, peering down, watching us--which convinced her to get certified when we returned home.

rx7diver

Been on this with my non-diving, but snorkeling better half. If it fits your price range, you can't go wrong. Very accommodating to non-divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom