Best go pro style camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
Flip Filters from BackScatter! :D Am I sounding like a broken record? That's the only problem I have with the video presented earlier: the colors were flat! I thought he was shooting B&W at one point. A filter would have made that POP!

I've been sent a few of the Hong Kong Cameras and they all crapped out after a couple of dives. I want to know what separates the Hero 5 Black from the 4+ Black???
From what I can read online, not much. The image stabilization is the one big thing, and of course the touch screen LCD, but as far as qualitly, etc., most reviewers feel it's not quite worth it to upgrade from the 4 to the 5. I have the 4 silver with the touch screen back and won't be upgrading anytime soon unless the 5 gets down into the 299 range.

I'm quite happy with SjCam M20 - $110.95 Authentic SJCAM M20 2160p HD Wifi Sports Digital Video Camera - Novatek NTK96660 / 1.5'' LCD / 166 degree wide angle / 16MP / gyro stabilization / loop recording at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's fake 4K (just 2K actually), but for 1080p@60 picture is good, imho, for the price.

There're a couple of movies on Youtube channel made with this cam.
I'm quite happy with SjCam M20 - $110.95 Authentic SJCAM M20 2160p HD Wifi Sports Digital Video Camera - Novatek NTK96660 / 1.5'' LCD / 166 degree wide angle / 16MP / gyro stabilization / loop recording at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's fake 4K (just 2K actually), but for 1080p@60 picture is good, imho, for the price.

There're a couple of movies on Youtube channel made with this cam.

Did you use any filters making the underwater part of the video?

Did you use any filters making the underwater part of the video?
No, it 's almost raw footage, but the camera itself has "Underwater mode", so it's kinda software processing. Inside the wreck colors are not so good, because of the depth around 20-35 meters. But I'm happy with resolution and picture quality, it is much better than my friend's GoPro Hero 4.

Last edited:
No, it 's almost raw footage, but the camera itself has "Underwater mode", so it's kinda software processing. Inside the wreck colors are not so good, because of the depth around 20-35 meters. But I'm happy with resolution and picture quality, it is much better than my friend's GoPro Hero 4.
Cool! Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom