Best go pro style camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't do much ....

1/ trim out the bad parts
2/ put it in 2.35:1 aspect (vs 16:9)
3/ make the green or blue cast look not green or blue
4/ sometimes a little bit of stabilization
5/ add in an intro and an outro and some tunes
6/ Tweak
7/ Upload
8/ Tweak again
9/ Re Upload
10/ Repeat 8-9 repeatedly for years

Attached is a screen grab from the colour grade (not that there is much colour from this video to start with .....)

_R

Attachments

• Grading.png
    Grading.png
    289.7 KB · Views: 80
So i finally just broke down and bought a go pro.. I bought the new hero 5 black. I had a bunch of ebay gift certificates from work so it ended up being really cheap and i got a ton of accessories with it.

So i finally just broke down and bought a go pro.. I bought the new hero 5 black. I had a bunch of ebay gift certificates from work so it ended up being really cheap and i got a ton of accessories with it.

Make sure you update to the most current firmware on the GP5...My buddy's did not work properly and he basically ruined 5 dives worth of video while we were in PR, because of it. Since the update, he says it works perfectly. I use a GP3+....I love it. Trying to get versed in filter usage now, and taking shots that look different than all the other shots. That's the only negative to photography for me. Reef tends to look like reef.....

Here's a question all you of you video people....what filters should I have for a gopro?

Here's a question all you of you video people....what filters should I have for a gopro?

Depends on your depth and clarity...I got a "red" filter and shot a bunch of RED video in 10m of clear water...turns out that "red" was intended for 20m and deeper....I needed a more magenta filter. You can buy kits, really inexpensively to practice with. That's what I'm doing. They come with 4 or 5 different color filters with their intended use stamped on the lens. Once I get more versed, I can buy one of the higher end filter systems with macro lenses, as well. Hope this helps.

Flip Filters from BackScatter! :D Am I sounding like a broken record? That's the only problem I have with the video presented earlier: the colors were flat! I thought he was shooting B&W at one point. A filter would have made that POP!

I've been sent a few of the Hong Kong Cameras and they all crapped out after a couple of dives. I want to know what separates the Hero 5 Black from the 4+ Black???

Flip Filters from BackScatter! :D Am I sounding like a broken record? That's the only problem I have with the video presented earlier: the colors were flat! I thought he was shooting B&W at one point. A filter would have made that POP!

I've been sent a few of the Hong Kong Cameras and they all crapped out after a couple of dives. I want to know what separates the Hero 5 Black from the 4+ Black???

I believe the biggest differences are that the 5 does not require a waterproof case AND has the Touch LCD built in...it is not a separate accessory. There may be other upgrades...I know they keep improving the WiFi...

That's the only problem I have with the video presented earlier: the colors were flat! I thought he was shooting B&W at one point. A filter would have made that POP!

Just trying to balance out the world of videos that POPPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPPP way too much with questionable saturation, where you don't know if you should be wearing those old 3D glasses from MAD magazine or not ...

The turtle in "B&W" ... well, I was at 52m, it was way deeper than me (probably cruising around at 75-80m), so yeah. No color at all :p

We shall compare notes in Bonaire over a beverage Pete.

_R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom