Best Fl Locale: fly in w. newbies & experts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leaveonlybubbles

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey SB Oracles... I'm not super familiar with FL diving outside of the Keys and here's what I'm wondering:
Where's the best spot(s) to bring a group that:
-Is good for OW cert "check out" dives (current, depth, etc. work for skills)
-Also offers something to the more experienced in the group
-Is close to an airport so we can fly in and fly out in a long weekend
-Has some attractions around

I've done Key Largo, which worked, but considering other options.

Thanks!

Ft. Lauderdale.
3 reef lines, approx. depths, 20ft, 40-60 ft, 80 ft+
Lots of non diving attractions.

Ft. Lauderdale.
3 reef lines, approx. depths, 20ft, 40-60 ft, 80 ft+
Lots of non diving attractions.

+1 FTL

Your list of requirements describes Ft Lauderdale!

It can accommodate everything you have listed. Plenty of shallower sites for freshly minted OW divers and quite a few artificial wrecks and deeper reefs for the more adventurous divers in your group. Best of all, there are quite a few good ops to take you there as well.

Another :thumb: for Fort Lauderdale. If you need a boat and a place to stay, Sea Experience is at Bahia Mar resort on the beach, and SeaXP gets special rates for divers at the resort. From there, you can walk to just about anything you need. Very quick taxi ride from FLL International.

the city of lauderdale by the sea has the best shore diving in the area in my opinion and theres a dive shop within walking distance of the beach for gear. if youre looking at hotels, look near commercial blvd

You can shore dive anywhere off Broward County that you can legally park.

There is a book available at most local dive shops on beach diving in Broward County. It's by Ray McAllister, and is a good starting point. And like Debby mentioned, just about any place you can park you can dive. Make sure you have a dive flag.

Just got on the thread and noticed your looking for a flyin destination.

In panama city fl there are a number of great dive opportunities for newbies and experienced divers alike. We have shore dives great wreck dives, simple as well as deep dives for the more experienced diver, and fresh water springs 45 min away.

This area is used alot by many dive operations in the south east already for their training dives.

Give Mike Gomez at Panama City Dive Center a call for group info and any other questions you may have.

850-235-3390

Where are the best shore dive locations in the Panama City area?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom