best fins to dive dry??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go for a jet style fin. Turtles or Jets are both great options. I've used splits and the imprexes (junk).

I got my wife, best friend and his wife to all switch to jets. They are just all around great fins. Especially if you're planning to do more advanced kicks.

jfproul:
anyone have comments on apollo bio fins ? very expensive is it worthed ?
I've been using Apollo bio fins for both wet suit and dry suit diving. Overall, great fins. I have to admit that I did not use other fins for a while now, so would not be able to compare. Once we got in a very strong current in N.Sulawesi and Apollo bio worked very well for me. Considering that I had to haul a camera in a fairly bulky box, I managed to go ahead of the group to check out conditions upstream of us and come back to share with the group. I guess the fins were a reasonable part of the equation there. I must mention that I was not diving dry there, the water temperature was 29 deg C. :wink:

I am surprised no asked what shoe size or type of dry suit boots used. I have to use turtles due to the size 12 rock boots.... But I like them, and am considering trying a pair of jets for my wet diving (foot pocket on the turtles would be too big for wet)

I have size 10 DUI rock boots and i am always diving in a 2-3 knots currents
in thousand islands , ontario .

i think I would go with jet fins ...

thanks to all for your inputs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom