best fins to dive dry??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have about 20 dives with a dry suit and I am using Tusa Imprex fins wich
sucks big time ... I have no trust in water ...just pushing hard for nothing...

now My question is : what king of fins should i use with a dru suit ?

thanks !

Jet Fins!

jfproul:
I have about 20 dives with a dry suit and I am using Tusa Imprex fins wich
sucks big time ... I have no trust in water ...just pushing hard for nothing...

now My question is : what king of fins should i use with a dru suit ?

thanks !

what type of kick are you doing? What size are you feet? What style boots do you have?

Jet fins or turtles are great if you're doing frog kick (if you're not, you might want to give it a shot), but are quite tiring for flutter kick. Depending on what foot size you are, XL jets are often small and XXL jets are huge, and in between is where the turtles fit beautifully. If you're doing a regular flutter kick, uh well, I dunno, some recreational fin I guess.

Fins that comfortably fit over your drysuit boots; probably not the same pair you wear with your wet suit booties.

When you dive dry do you wear ankle weights? If so, this may be adding to your kicking work as well as throwing your trim out of balance.

As you get more comfortable diving dry you will notice less problem with propulsion. Still, borrow a few different sets of fins and try them out. They manufacture 50 different styles of fins because we all have different needs, different leg strengths, and different ideas of what feels comfortable.

theskull

I've seen alot of threads/comments on Jets. I'm looking for a pair to try now. I've tried Sherwood splits (they are ok limited on kicks) and Force (only 2 dives they are also ok, my buddies and my wife really like them).

anyone have comments on apollo bio fins ? very expensive is it worthed ?

DiveRite spring strap fins. Fairly inexpensive, great frog kick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom