Best fins for current dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara93

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
New to this site and just want to say hello for the first time. I'm looking in buying a new set of fins and would welcome some advice on what's best to buy if I have to fin against a bit or more of current(surface/under)?

New to this site and just want to say hello for the first time. I'm looking in buying a new set of fins and would welcome some advice on what's best to buy if I have to fin against a bit or more of current(surface/under)?

Welcome to the board. I have always loved my ScubaPro Jet fins when in current. If you have strong legs they really are awesome fins.

Is that a split or paddle type fins?

Is that a split or paddle type fins?

paddle
scpfj.jpg

ScubaPro Jet Fins, Black

Chiara, welcome to the boards!

After a few days here, you will become very, very familiar with jets.

... among the other things that the board has to offer :wink:

Can't go wrong with the Jet fin. I've had the same pair for over 15 yrs and only had to replace the strap once.

I also like the Mares Avanti Quattro. It has a deep pocket and performs well in current.

IMO, I would stay away from split fins for use in a current.

PH

I changed from my 18 year old Lightning Jets to a pair if Split Fin Jets. After getting caught in a "small" current in the Caymans I can honestly say that I will never dive with a set of split fins again EVER. The old jets are heavy, can cause leg fatigue but when you need that extra umph in a current it is there, just not there with splits I don't care what kick technique you use.

I agree with the other posts, Unless you have a bad ankle or knee stay away from the splits. They just don't cut it in a current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom