Best Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Any suggestions on the best drysuit for cold water diving.

i am thinking 40 degree water for three hours.

Ideas and coments please on
Neopreme, Trilam, Crushed Neopreme

Brands that are better
Service, reputation, reliability, cost, warrenty

I currently dive an Oceaner neopreme suit and find that when i dive deep it gets cold. for shallow [where i spend most of my time] it is warm
that is why I went with a neopreme, for that two or three hours of deco requirement.

I am looking for other ideas, and looking to see what others are using.

Underwear may be another point, I have been using polar fleece. but have just moved to Weezle Wear. everybody seems to think that Weezle Wear is the best out there. I'll let you know what i think once i do a dive with it.

I can't speak directly from experience, AquaTec, but everyone I know that dives with DUI trilam suits claim that they're superior (the suits :wink: ) to everything else out there.

But next time I'm in the market for a suit, I'm going to take a long hard look at the Fifth Dimension Shell Suits.

Neither of the above options are cheap, but I'm sure you're after quality and these companies provide that.

My suit is a trilam shell by USIA of Oregon, and though I'm happy with it, I wouldn't recommend a back zip suit.

Rick

I use 7mm neoprene for cold, but 3 hours is a stretch. The hang is killer. First source of concern has to be gloves. Henderson makes a mitt that's the best I've used. Not the gauntlet ones - these have a short skin at wrist. Some guys I know wear 2 hoods, but in this category Bare comes to the rescue with a short hood with greater facial coverage than any other hood I've used.

my dry suit i discribed above is a 7 mil dry suit, as for gloves and hood that is not a problem as they don't get cold.

i can take my gloves off underwater and it isn't cold, i wear a 5 mil kevlar five finger glove, but have just bought a dry glove mainty because they are thin and flexible. and because I see how cool Uncle Pug looks in them

ifor hood i trimmed it tight around my mask, and it works very well, it is a 7 mill hood

as for my legs they don't get cold either, i general wear shorts or underwear unless i am ice diving.

it is maintly my chest trunk area that gets cold even with a polar fleece jumper on

http://www.fa-mi.com/

check this out those guys sell a sort of electrical heated shirt to put under the drysuit...there is also remote control to swich on/off durng the dive, but is a possible failure point 4 the suit...
their lights looks great, but I heard many to flood (also many works great)
Friend of mine had the heatind device never had problems (or cold).
Hope it helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom