Best Dive Resort in San Pedro, Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jadezebel

Reaction score
We have a group of diver's and a couple of non-divers (don't worry we're working on them) going, so we need a place that isn't soley dive oriented. Best place for your buck? Are there any resorts with a house reef, or decent offshore snorkeling/diving?

Thanks,

Joie eyebrow

Ramone's village was very nice. We ate there 2 nights and it was a beautiful resort. A group of us stayed at Aqua Marina suites which was ok but if I had it to do over again I would have stayed at Ramone's village. We dove with Aqua Dives which was great. Ramone's village has it's own dive company but I can't comment on it.

I stayed at Ramone's Village and found it noisey, with a lot of town, foot traffic walking along the beach [do a search and see my trip report], which created some security concerns. It does look nice in the brochures but that is deceiving. The rooms were smallish and not very comfortable. It is not worth the price they charge. You do not get what you pay for. Food was so so.

The dive op there was very good. I'd dive with them but stay someplace else.

I stayed at bananna beach. nice play to stay, two pools, ok staff, good restaraunt, but quite a walk from town. They have a travel shop in house which will schedule dives for you but not sure who they use. I did my diving with protech who picked me up at the dock at my hotel. There is no shore diving, and about the only semi decent snokeling from shore is off the pier at ramons village and even that wasnt great. If you want good snorkeling/diving you must get on a boat.

Back
Top Bottom