Best dive ops in St. Croix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going to St. Croix in August of '07. Anybody dive with Dive Experience? I'm staying near Christensted. Any feedback on dive operators appreciated.
thanks,
mark

I dive with dive experience 2-3 weekends a month. Good shop, good boat, friendly staff. Went out with them this morning and saw a manta ray. As to other shops, I haven't run into any bad operations here.
--Greg

Thanks for the input. I can't wait to go! Any can't miss dive sites I should know about?

I also dove with Dive Experience, years ago, and had a good time. Additionally I would recommend St Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures ... S.C.U.B.A.
http://www.stcroixscuba.com/

Ed & Molly Buckley are good people, and will make sure you have a terrific time.
Have a great trip .... I'm seriously jealous!

If in St. Croix, you have to dive Cane Bay! It is a fantastic wall!! You stop at the shop, pick up tanks, kit up, walk across the street to the beach and do a beach dive from there to the wall. It is a really easy dive! Plus after the dive, there is a little beach bar/restaurant next door so while you are refilling tanks grab a quick bite to eat. Also, Dive Experience is a good group. Kevin is a fabulous instructor and a fun person to have on the dive boat.

Thanks everybody for your input. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!

For anybody interested in lodging, I just booked a 2 bedroom condo at Sugar Beach. Sure looks like a nice place - all units are beachfront, just outside Christensted. Also using Olympic Car Rental, they have an agreement with Sugar beach for discounts. Going to dive with Dive Experience.

Drive up to Cane Bay (about 20 minutes).
Eat at Off the Wall Restaurant.
Dive with Cane Bay Scuba -- They are awesome!!!
As mentioned, you walk across the street (from Dive Shop, Restaurant and Bar) and enter the water. After a 3 minute surface swim, you are diving one of the most spectacular walls in the USVI.

Best!

jcf

markfromboston:
For anybody interested in lodging, I just booked a 2 bedroom condo at Sugar Beach.
Using that other room? :14:

Have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom