Best Dive Operators in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recommend:
Conch Republic - super op: Can't imagine them as anything but pleasant and safe. I've seen many examples of both diving with them over the years.
Quiescence - super op: Ditto.
Comments:
Silent World - getting better every day: IMO, is much better now the two previous owners are gone. (Let the immediately previous owner's fans begin their stoning if they must.)
Ocean Divers: As a former fan I no longer feel as "at home" with them as I did when Joe A. was running the store. But, that's just a personal thing. Their O2 price were low.
HMS Minnow: Only went out once since Jeff sold to John. It was okay.
Scuba-Do: Haven't been out with them since the very newest owners took over.
Amoray: Long ride. Only went out with them once, in May '12. Only 3-4 others on board. It was okay. Worked for me.
Horizon: Nobody mentioned them. Neither will I.
FL Keys Dive Center: Only went out with them once (enough), several years ago. Brought to mind, "Confusion to the enemy." (a la Pogo - "We have met the enemy and he is us.")
Rainbow Reef: Went out with them once - lotsa people on board and I don't think that's unusual for them. Their prices seemed very low.
Stay away from: Tavernier Dive Center, Aquanauts, Lady Cyana and Dual Porpoise.

Ocean Divers is my favorite operator down there so far. I usually stay in the hotel next door, and love the regular trips to the Spiegel and Duane. I have also gone out with Rainbow Reef, Florida Keys Dive Center, and Horizon in Key Largo. If you need helium and are certified to go deep, then Horizon is your only option in Key Largo that does Trimix fills and runs a boat that goes out for “tech” sites fairly regularly as far as I know. FDC does the Eagle, and I will go out with them again just to hit that one wreck in the future, but that wreck will be the primary reason for going out with them for me. Haven’t tried CR…I will definitely see what you have scheduled site-wise the next time I am down there Gary!

Stay away from: Tavernier Dive Center, Aquanauts, Lady Cyana and Dual Porpoise.

that's easy! all of the above are no longer in business(the 1st three over 10 years ago),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

that's easy! all of the above are no longer in business(the 1st three over 10 years ago),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Actually it looks like Flakeys absorbed the TDC name and remaining boat when TDC folded some years ago. (Hadn't TDC's/Mike's shop moved a few miles down the road, maybe ~MM82 O/S, just prior to calling it quits?) But, TDC ran a great op during the tenure of several owners.
Lady Cyana was great. Such a shame they just packed it all up one day.
And Aquanauts, fortunately, is no longer; So long and thanks for all the fish.
Dual Porpoise - long gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom