Best Dive Jackets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both a Surf Fur and a DGX boat parka. I wear the Surf Fur in colder temps and DGX when it’s a bit warmer but still windy. I love them both.

I had been looking for a good dive coat for a while and this looked like too good of a deal to pass up.
Family member bought me one as a gift and I have loved it. On a recent dive trip a couple students even wrapped themselves in it. Might be future customers for Dano.

Well, the Mako parka kept me warm even though it dropped a lot of rain on the Hood Canal while it was in the low 40's this last weekend. It also was plenty roomy with pass through pockets for easy changing and it covers me down to near my ankles. I am glad I saw this thread before my trip..

It doubled as a waterproof robe to hit up the hot tub and had big enough pockets for a few beers. I know that one of my friends is going to order one after seeing mine.
I ordered one!

I have had a TruWest boat coat for many years, very warm, water and wind proof. I have bought some for family members on sale.

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review! Glad you liked it. I appreciate it. Beer Pockets... a feature I had not yet considered! LOL

thanks
dano
No problem, I am quite happy with it and how well it did in the cold rain, and it was dropping a lot of rain. I know without it I would have had to sit in my truck for all the SI's.

The beer pockets...Because I dont like having a beer alone, the two pockets probably can hold a 6 pack without struggling.
I ordered one!

I think you will enjoy it as it works well .

It has one more large pocket...made for...other things. You know, for those too cold and horrible viz days... 😉
Pockets.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom