Best Dive Jackets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j3weber

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Jeffrey Weber and have been diving for almost 2 years. I'm happy to be a member of this forum and love all the advice / recommendations I have seen thus far.

I'm looking to purchase a waterproof jacket to keep warm between dives. Looking for the best value. I would love to get one of the Scubapro jackets but spending $200 on a jacket is pretty extreme. Anyone have any suggestions on great jacket that's under $100?

Any help is greatly appreciated - Thank you

Waterproof gear isn’t cheap. Scuba branded stuff is always more expensive. My suggestion is to take a look at REI or any other outdoors shop and see what they have. You want Gortex.

for just a waterproof "coat":

Eddie Bauer outlet...
Campmor.com
BassPro/Cabelas
Target...
Walmart...

For a "Dive" coat: Danno's stuff is nice too, and the full lenght is specific for diving, which you won't find in non-dive retailers:

This likely would be my choice....

(this type of stuff is more specific to swimmers, lifeguards, SCUBA, etc.)

Thank you!

I have a surf fur brand boat coat. I have had it about a decade and it is still in good shape. I'm not sure who sells them these days, but it is of great quality and I think I paid about $125 for it.

Go to Dive Gear Express...Under $100 and is on sale for $69 and is AWESOME...I have two of them I am 5'10" 188 pounds and is BIG on me! I even wore it this winter to snow plow the driveway after a storm DGX All-Weather Sports Parka - Small

That’s ONLY available in size SMALL. Is that the one you have?

I have a surf fur brand boat coat. I have had it about a decade and it is still in good shape. I'm not sure who sells them these days, but it is of great quality and I think I paid about $125 for it.

They’re sold on Amazon, I think, as well as Surf-Furs’ own website.

I'm looking to purchase a waterproof jacket to keep warm between dives. Looking for the best value. I would love to get one of the Scubapro jackets but spending $200 on a jacket is pretty extreme. Anyone have any suggestions on great jacket that's under $100?
I have a hooded, front-zip, Gore-Tex North Face shell that I would recommend. I bought the first one in 1983 or so to wear for sailing lessons (Annapolis Sailing School at Lake Geneva WI). Then I used it on dive boats when I began diving in 1987. I wear a wool sweater beneath, and a beanie, to keep warm.

I wore out this shell twice (it became delaminated), and both times North Face replaced it free-of-charge, per its lifetime warranty. I still have the third one (the second warranty replacement), which I need to send in for replacement, since it, too, has become worn out (delaminated). I am not sure whether North Face will honor their warranty this time, though!

This shell was not inexpensive to purchase, but it continues to be very inexpensive to own. And it worked perfectly for me.

rx7diver

Back
Top Bottom