Best Dive Centres In Phuket Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mockney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

Looking for some general advice please. I am travelling to Phuket in a couple of months and plan to do a few days diving. Looking for advise on anyone that has been before and can recommend a good dive centre. I'm looking to dive the King Cruiser Wreck and a few other popular spots.

I'm currently thinking of using Aussie Divers or InDepth Divers booking their 3 dive day trips.

Many Thanks

Several years ago wife and I used sunrise divers, decent enough, but it was a while ago now

Hello,

Looking for some general advice please. I am travelling to Phuket in a couple of months and plan to do a few days diving. Looking for advise on anyone that has been before and can recommend a good dive centre. I'm looking to dive the King Cruiser Wreck and a few other popular spots.

I'm currently thinking of using Aussie Divers or InDepth Divers booking their 3 dive day trips.

Many Thanks
I have no idea who is the best dive centre in Phuket.
The onslaught of Covid since Mar 2020 might have closed a few reputable operators for good.
Similan will be opened from 15th Oct.
Thailand has only removed more or less all the entry restriction a week ago and I really doubt many divers are flocking back to the Kingdom between now and Nov/Dec.
One thing you have to be very careful is the "cattle Boat"; some operators will pool all their divers together on one boat to save cost and 30+ divers on King Cruiser is no fun at all. Experienced it once and never again.

Good luck.

Can't answer what the best dive centre in Phuket is, and who you use will depend on which part of the island you're staying (all the day trips depart from Chalong pier on the SE of the island so bear that in mind), but I dived with Sea Fun Divers in April. Very nice owner and they have their own boat for day trips. I only did local dives (longtail boat and shore entry) so didn't experience their boat.

As Centrals mentioned, be mindful about being put on a 'cattle boat' by some operators. Although, if things are still fairly quiet out there it may not be an issue.

Hello,

Many Thanks
I prefer See Bees divers - better boat, slightly smaller groups and good DMs. Although diving has disintegrated in Phuket over the last 20-30 years. Still a good day out though. Also, Asia Divers, but their groups are much larger. Subject to time of year, too.

I prefer See Bees divers - better boat, slightly smaller groups and good DMs. Although diving has disintegrated in Phuket over the last 20-30 years. Still a good day out though. Also, Asia Divers, but their groups are much larger. Subject to time of year, too.
Thanks for the advice I will take a look at their website.

I will be in Phuket in December. Update on a good dive shop for OW and AOW course please. Anyone have experience with Aussie Divers? They seem legit. Thanks.

1. A combined OW + AOW course is a big JOKE. Not a good idea at all.
2. Make sure the OW class is small ie. no more than 2 student per instructor.
3. Pay particular attention to weight and buoyancy control. Any instructor not giving his/her student a proper weight check is a disgrace.

Interesting read.

Back
Top Bottom