Best custom wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cosak69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I need some advice for best custom wetsuit. I want something that will last a long time and keep me warm. The best quality possible. I recently bought a wet wear wetsuit based on many reviews of people who have been happy in the past. I’ve ran into a lot of problems with the process, communication, and quality. I’m having to send it back to be adjusted first too loose of a neck size. It’s letting water down my back. Along with that, there is multiple threads in several places pulling out and it has only been 5 dives. For an $800 wetsuit that is unacceptable.
I know the company has been having problems the last few years and now the owner is having a lot of health problems. It sucks but, at the end of the day I need what I paid for. I wanted to order a second suit but thicker. At this point with all the problems I’m having I think that would be a bad idea. Any suggestions on other brands with personal longterm experience?

Check with Chris at Terrapin Wetsuits, terrapinwetsuits.com, +1 (830) 226-5194, in Centerpoint Texas. While I have not had a custom suit from her, she has altered three of my four wetsuits, and I have been very happy with the quality of her work. I have also seen several of her customs suits, which were fabulously crafted.

I have been extremely pleased with a custom suit from 7till8. It's the same thickness as my old Xcel Drylock but feels twice as warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom