Best canister light for signalling in poor vis ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backup lights…. Clipped to my harnesses for years on end waiting for the moment to shine. These need to be supremely reliable despite being ignored for long periods.

I’ve a couple of Ammonite Led1 and Led2 torches which always work after many hundreds of hours at all depths. Obviously rechargeable batteries are out of the question due to self discharge. Enough light is enough to continue the dive.

What little I have seen of them is incredible, uncontrolled light. Great light quantity and quality, but they can't make a good beam pattern yet, no control.

But I hear they are working on a really powerful light, maybe too powerful

The Lep lights I’ve played with are a good beam pattern if you want an extremely focused light with no spill.

For instance the fact the halycon scouts are still rocking C batteries and ~200lm emitters is sort of crazy. Sure they're crazy reliable, but they could be so much more.
I can understand using C batteries...
Cheap, reliable, easy to get, low discharge..etc
But that's it,,,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom