Best canister light for signalling in poor vis ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue is the best color anyway, anyone who disagrees can fight me. :-D

@Bobby have you thought about/found any protective caps for the light head (output side) similar to the rubbery ones H puts on the Focus?
We have a really comprehensive hardware store in San Diego (Marshall's Hardware for the locals, like a Lego bin for adults), I'm gonna wander around there some weekend and hopefully find something comparable to stick on it. I'm not overly concerned it'll get scratched in my bag but might as well be extra cautious.

I've had fleeting thoughts about it however have not put the time into getting something made up. Other than getting scratched it is difficult to hurt the light. I abuse the crap out of mine and simply toss them (literally) into the bin with all my other gear.

Your're a genius. It'd have to be the coozie for slim cans... which I've also repurposed as insulating sleeves for an Aeropress

EDIT: the coozie is a little too big, it falls off. The LD40 isn't bulky enough!

LOL, see my post above, I haven't tried it however I would think a bottle cozy with a zipper on it would work. First time I've had someone say that my light "isn't bulky enough". :cool: :D

Re: cap for light, Google vinyl caps
I picked up a couple of samples for free for another project I’m sure you can find something that fits.

Ah thanks! Those are exactly what I was thinking of. Kept coming up with various metal and heavy rubber things when searching for "end caps". Just bought a few 2" ones off Amazon ("vinyl end caps"). 5cm for those shopping metric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom